On June 3rd, 2014, the Serrano family was having difficulty with a young female family member who suffers from a mental illness and depression. Yanira Serrano-Garcia, 18, had apparently gone off of her medication and became agitated and hard to control.
“[Yanira] wanted to be normal. She wanted to stop taking her medication, and I get it. Sometimes when my feet hurt I just want to be normal. I don’t want to take pills. I get her…all we want is justice,” said a friend of Yanira’s during a community march.
“Sadly, they mistook her for something she didn’t do, and a cop decided to get his gun out when he could have gotten out his taser, his pepper spray,” she said.
“She has special needs and we just want answers,” said Yanira’s brother, Tiny Serrano. “Who are we supposed to call now when we need help when who is supposed to help us is killing our kids?”
I feel like I reblog this kind of stuff every single day… Same story, different names. And police always use the same fucking excuses because they’re trained in how to loophole the law.
girl with butter knife in public vs. trained police officer
i am ENRAGED holy SHIT
Happy Birthday, Bilbo Baggins! (September, 22nd )
Can’t stop, won’t stop: Protesters in Ferguson rally again, seeking justice for Mike Brown. More than a month and a half after his death, his killer, Darren Wilson, is still a free man. (Pt 2)
Because it wouldn’t be a protest in Ferguson without fuckery from the police. A driver plowed his car through protesters, grazing several and running over a young boys foot. Beyond taking several hours to transport the boy to the hospital, they took even longer to arrest the motorist. Who did they not wait long to arrest? Two of the protesters who had been documenting the altercation for the world to see. If you’re not angry, you’re not paying attention. #staywoke #farfromover #nojusticenopeace
Just in case anyone thinks these are old posts still going round Tumblr: they’re not.
Emma Sulkowicz is on the cover of this month’s New York Magazine and that is the coolest thing wow
DUUUUDE this is a huge fucking deal honestly
i hope i can buy a beer on campus for $4 because thats all i have on me and i wont not drink on my 21st
The little male African black-footed cat kitten (Felis nigripes), at the EFBC’s Feline Conservation Center, is now 6 weeks old, and very curious. Mom Gabby enforced a 3 foot separation when he tried to check out the camerawoman.
ok but: child autistic prince zuko stimming with firebending and accidentally burning things down
u think im joking but nothing is as important as autistic prince zuko
- autistic zuko who cant for the life of him figure out why he has so much trouble communicating n struggling with some super anxiety over it bc that’s canon
- autistic zuko who attaches so much importance to his honor bc he’s terrified he won’t be worth anything without it (also canon)
- autistic zuko figuring out how to relate to other people in a way that doesnt make him sound like a raging dick all the time (canon)
- autistic zuko not being sure what to do about friendships and actually being loved (canon)
- autistic zuko learning that his destiny is his own and evolves independently of the tyranny of the fire nation and doing his best to make up for his past mistakes (canon)
- autistic zuko scripting conversations before having them and trying fifteen different ways to say the same thing (canon)
like pls make room for autistic zuko interpretations in ur life this is something that was only revealed to me like two days ago but is so important
autistic zuko’s older sister being a giant dick to him and not presuming his competence (canon)